Gf csis fraud investigator hong kong
Citi - 香港 Hong Kong
30+ days ago
- Primary Location: Hong Kong SAR of PRC,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Job Function: Security
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17085127
- CSIS Investigations is tasked with investigating incidents of suspected fraud and serious wrongdoing in order to protect the assets and reputation of the bank and its clients. Through investigation CSIS seeks to mitigate the effects of fraud and wrongdoing. Investigation findings are used to inform decision makers in Citi business units and franchise risk functions.
- CSIS Investigators are assigned a wide range of business and function investigation case work including complex, sensitive fraud investigations both within Hong Kong and across the region. The Investigator may be asked to perform additional tasks such as coordinating investigative efforts within the Asia Pacific region, participating in business reviews or leading various project assignments.
- Investigate in order to identify the root cause of Citi product/process vulnerabilities, identification of employee behavior that breaches policy, detection of fraud perpetrators and the recovery of stolen or lost assets
- Documenting investigation outcomes in the form of comprehensive investigation reports
- Investigating referrals from the Citi Ethics Office at the regional level, keeping close record of closed and ongoing cases.
- Developing and adding value to investigative referrals through data research, forensic analysis, interviewing, liaison with law enforcement agencies and compilation of information from a variety of sources both internal and external to the business
- Build internal relationships with peers in the risk and control functions and with the different business and function groups CSIS supports
- Build and maintain external relationships with sister bank fraud investigators, law enforcement, industry peers and other sources of support in an effort to establish partnerships and areas of support that enhance the ability for timely intelligence sharing, prosecution and recovery
- Responsible for representing Citi in criminal prosecution and civil court matters. Must have some knowledge of banking products, operations and processes in order to provide accurate and supportive testimony
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 5 years practical investigative work in banking or consultancy or law enforcement experience in Fraud and/or Banking investigations
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Knowledge of Consumer Banking financial products.
- Knowledge of Corporate / Markets & Banking financial products an advantage
- Ideally, extensive years financial crime and/or internal/ethics investigative experience in a banking, regulatory, consultancy or law enforcement environment. However, serious consideration will be given to candidates without investigative experience who possess strong banking product knowledge, in an audit, controls, risk or compliance capacity.
- Forensic accountancy experience an advantage
- Ability to travel
- An understanding of applicable legal statutes as they relate to financial crimes and/ or appropriate procedures for conducting internal investigations
- University level education preferred or equivalent work experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- MS Office Word and Excel proficiency
- Self-sufficient and a self-starter
- Fluency in English and Cantonese preferred, proficiency in Mandarin an advantage
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask by carrying a diverse and complex caseload
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
other similar jobs
new offer already seen Project manager MNC fi rolling contract The Company A multi-national financial institution is urgently looking for a Project Manager, initially on a 6 months contract... sponsored by Efinancialcareers.hk
new offer already seen Equities derivatives lawyer The organisation offers you the chance to: Provide legal advice on a variety of matters, specifically in relation to the APAC... sponsored by Efinancialcareers.hk
new offer already seen Investor relations manager global pe fund Requirements: 5 years of experience in similar capacity with infra/real estate funds or other private equity fund or asset management... sponsored by Efinancialcareers.hk