Vice president, tactical research, global research, hong kong
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
- The newly created Tactical research Team is tasked with identifying mispriced stocks not currently covered by Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Asia Pacific
- The team will develop commercial stock ideas, generate reports and work closely with the Equity Sales team to advise and support clients
- This role will also advise on key thematic issues influencing the region
- This role will provide team members a wide range of stock coverage across multiple sectors
- A minimum 5 years background in equities research
- Important to this role is an inquiring nature and ability to think logically whilst expressing your views both clearly and in an engaging manner
- Strong modelling and database skills are also essential
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality, evidence-based projects or reports
- Fluency in English and Mandarin or English and Japanese is essential
- Willing to promote your ideas and work to a variety of stakeholders
- Creative Thinking : Ability to generate new ideas and possibilities, and to see business opportunities from a novel perspective
- Consulting Skills : Ability to provide business-related added value, including innovative approaches and new or improved solutions
- Flexibility : The capacity to adapt approach in light of shifting priorities or changing conditions
- Team Orientation / Teamwork / Collaboration : The willingness to work as a member of a team
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer